ITA - RMI Draft Tin Smelter Standard Consultation
23 April 2019
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Meeting Room E
The International Tin Association (ITA) and the Responsible Minerals Initiative (RMI) are collaborating on the development of a revised core audit requirement document, known as the Assessment Criteria for tin smelters. Over the past three months, the ITA and RMI have developed a draft joint ITA-RMI Tin Criteria that is designed to be aligned with the OECD Due Diligence Guidance and meet upstream-downstream expectations. It is further intended to help companies meet legal compliance requirements referencing the OECD Due Diligence Guidance. ITA and RMI are seeking stakeholder input to further refine and improve the standard before formal issuance. Please join us for an informational session about the joint standard to learn more, ask questions, and provide input.
Summary of Major Revisions
The draft ITA-RMI Tin Standard includes the following major revisions, from the 2017 RMAP Standard:
- Focuses exclusively on the tin value chain
- Re-structured to solely focus on the criteria for determining conformance with the RMAP audits
- Closer alignment with the OECD 3T Supplement
- Clarifies expectations for the OECD red-flag assessment
- Incudes requirements to meet EU Minerals Supply Chain Due Diligence Regulation and Delegated Act
OECD Conference Centre
2, rue André Pascal
75016 Paris, France
Meeting Room E
Date: Tuesday, April 23, 2019
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Contact: Michele Bruelhart email@example.com