Advanced Auditor Skills Training - Dubai
October 1, 2019
In response to findings from the Alignment Assessment of industry programmes with the OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Mineral Supply Chains, the OECD is sponsoring Advanced Auditor Skills Training sessions for auditors that participate in audit programs implementing OECD Guidance. Please note that the one-day session focuses on audit techniques rather than the OECD Guidance requirements. Attendance is limited to 25 auditors. RMI piloted the training in October of 2018 and OECD already held a session in Europe (London) in June of 2019; both sessions received positive feedback from the auditors.
The session in Dubai will be held on 1 October 2019 at DMCC’s premises in the Jumeirah Lake Towers.
Please contact your program audit manager as soon as possible to confirm your spot. Once confirmed, to register, please click on the registration tab here.
The Advanced Auditor Training addresses findings from the Alignment Assessment in order to:
- Strengthen the audit program requirements and the competencies of auditors.
- Improve competencies with subject matter, auditing skills and behaviors.
- Improve auditor professional skepticism, judgment and critical analysis in the undertaking of audit procedures, evidence evaluation and conclusions.
- Ensure auditors verify the existence of management systems/controls AND assess whether the smelter/refiner systems and controls are functioning as intended.
- Review sampling strategies, evidence risk and verification – including significance, materiality and fraud determination.
- Improve understanding of evidence hierarchy and corroboration using multiple sources.
Date: 01 October 2019
Time: 8:30 – 18:00; lunch will be provided
Location: DMCC HQ, Dubai UAE
Cost: There is no cost to attend. Registration is Free, by invitation only.
Contact: With any questions regarding the advanced auditor training in London or Dubai,
please contact Hannah.KOEP-ANDRIEU@oecd.org. For RMI-related training
questions, please contact MSmirnova@ResponsibleBusiness.org.